Phase I: Reservation and Documentary Requirements


How Can I reserve a unit at DMCI Homes?

A house and lot, lot, or condominium unit may be reserved for thirty days by presenting a Reservation Fee or 20,000 pesos per unit,
and the following documents:
Photocopy of two valid IDs (i.e. passport, driver’s license)
Tax Indentification Number (TIN)
Reservation Agreement signed by buyer
Buyers Information sheet signed by buyer
Please submit the fee and the specified documents within thirty days; otherwise your reservation may be cancelled and the fee may
be forfeited. In case you have problems acquiring the documents within the specified item or if you need assistance and clarification, please call or email us and we will be happy to help you.

What is a Reservation Agreement?

A Reservation Agreement is a document, which formally expresses the interest of the buyer in purchasing a unit. Its main purpose is for the unit to be set-aside for the client for a certain period of time(in this case, 30 days).

Is my Reservation Fee refundable?

As stipulated in the Reservation Agreement, the Reservation Fee is non-refundable.

Phase II: Payments


What kinds of payment are accepted?

The downpayment, which is minimum of 20% of the contract price, can be paid in cash, Personal check or a Manager’s check.

What is my payment schedule? What kinds of Financing are available to me?

As specified in the buyer’s Reservation Agreement and the Contract to Sell, the full or partial minimum downpayment of twenty percent (20%), should be paid no later than thirty days from the date of reservation.

For reservations made from the 1st to the 15th of the month, the downpayment should start on the 15th of the following month. For reservations made from the 16th to the 30th day of the month, then the downpayment should be paid on the 30th of the following month.

The payment schedules are also dependent on the kind of financing you have acquired for your unit, whether it is In-house Financing or External/Bank Financing.

For In-house Financing, payment of your monthly amortization begins thirty days after full payment of your downpayment. It is required that you issue post-dated checks (PDC) to cover the entire period of your term. For those availing of the 10-years to pay option, the company requires PDCs for the first 60 months (5 years) only. This is because the monthly amortization is subject to repricing on the 61st month of the contract.

External Financing comes in the form of Bank Financing. In order to minimize the waiting period for the loan approval DMCI Homes offers a solution for the unit buyer. While the application for the loan is still in process, buyers can avail of In-house Financing, wherein the buyer will settle the monthly amortization with DMCI Homes until the loan is ready for drawdown from the bank. Then the amount that will be converted to bank financing will be based on the remaining balance at the time of the drawdown.

Upon full payment of the unit, DMCI Homes will commence the transfer of ownership of the unit to the buyer. Should you wish to opt for DMCI Homes to process the transfer, we shall be requiring your payment of a Transfer Fee, which will be used to formally reflect in the Condominium Certificate of Title your name as the legal owner of the property.

What kinds of discounts are available?

For Cash buyers, the discounts for condominium units and houses and lots are as follows:
Outright Cash: 10% Discount
3 months Payment: 8% Discount
6 months Payment: 6% Discount

For In-house financing and other payment schemes, the discounts are largely determined by the down payment terms and the balance payment terms; please ask your Sales Representative for the discounts applicable to your terms.

Can I refund my downpayment?

As a general rule, should the buyer decide to back-out of the transaction, the downpayment will be forfeited in favor of DMCI Homes and is therefore non-refundable.


If I am unable to personally transact with DMCI Homes because I am out of the country what shoud I do?

In case you are unable to transact with DMCI Homes, a duly notarized Special Power of Attorney (SPA) is needed in appointing a person to represent you in all dealings with DMCI Homes. In case you are outside the Philippines, an SPA notarized at the Philippine Embassy of the country of your residence is a legal document that is recognized by the Philppines and the country that you are at.

Properly executed, it allows the appointed person to represent, act and transact on behalf of the unit owner to the extent stipulated in the SPA.

Can a foreigner purchase a DMCI Homes unit?

As a general rule, foreigners can only purchase condominium units and not house and lots. However, if the foreigner was born in the Philippines or if the foreigner is part owner of a company whose majority share is owned by Filipinos, then they can purchase a house-and-lot.

The additional documents required to complete the purchase are:
Alien Certificate of Registration
Tax Identification Number (TIN#)

If the buyer has no Tax Identification Number, DMCI Homes will apply the TIN number on their behalf for transferring of the title.

Phase III: Turnover, Acceptance, Move-In


What is the required downpayment to process the turn-over and acceptance of my unit?

DMCI Homes require a very minimal amount equivalent to 20% of the Total Contract Price to commence the finishing works on your unit before it will be turned over to you. We also require the following documents within thirty (30) days:

Post-dated Checks for first 60 months of payment term
Contract to Sell
Letter of Guarantee (LOG) issued by the Bank or Financial Institution (for External Financing Only)
Drawdown/Loan Take-out (for External Financing Only)

After these documents have been submitted within the period stated, processing your turnover may commence. Please note that we cannot process the turnover of your unit until we have all these documents.


I have already submitted all of my documents. How long will it take before i can move into my unit?

If you have submitted all your documents, you can move into your unit once it is “dressed” and the finishing touches have been completed. The preliminary inspection of the unit shall be conducted with you based on the specified turn-over conditions set by DMCI Homes.

Arrangements on the installation of the water, electrical, cable and telephone units should also be conducted at this point. Your Condominium Corporation Officer shall be more than willing to assist you in this matter.

When the unit is completed and the submission of the Contract to Sell/Deed of Absolute Sale and such other documents needed, our Turn-over Section shall schedule with you a prelimanary Punch Listing of your unit. A member of our Engineering staff and a Turn-over assistant will be present to assist ou as you inspect your unit.

Should you find the unit acceptable, they shall turnover the keys and possession of the unit to you. If you plan to move-in upon acceptance of the unit, please inform our Turn-over assistant so that the necessary arrangements can be made to facilitate your move-in.

In case the buyer fails to inspect the unit within thirty days (30) from the date of advise, it shall be deemed that the buyer has automatically accepted the unit.


Confident of the quality of DMCI construction, all DMCI Homes developments come with a warranty against construction defects and workmanship within two (2) years from the date of acceptance/turnover by the homeowner. Concerns on the matter should be addressed to the Property Management Office. However, please note that normal wear and tear or misuse by homeowners or
tenants is not covered by this warranty.


How do I get electricity? Does my unit/house have an individual electric meter?

Yes. Homeowners have to apply for their own connections to Meralco, as well as Cable TV providers, telephone lines, the internet and water supplies. The Property Management Office will provide the homeowners with assistance in obtaining their power connections upon the submission of the following documents from the homeowner:
– Certificate of Proof of ownership from DMCI Homes (either the Condominium — Certificate of Title or the Contract to Sell)
– Duly completed application form
– 2 valid forms of Identification (IDs) and pictures, if required
Meralco Waiver
– Authorization letter (if accomplished through representative)

It is advised that the homeowner should immediately apply to Meralco and other service providers two weeks prior to move-in, or as the unit undergoes finishing so that the power is immediately available once the unit is occupied.

Also note that for the Rent-to-Own Scheme, the developer is responsible for the application for the Meralco connection. Should the buyer opt to purchase the unit, then the buyer shall pay the amount incurred during the application.

Does my unit/house have individual water meter?

Yes, every DMCI Homes unit has an individual water meter. The Property Management Office manages the water system and does individual billing for each unit’s water consumption.

Phase IV: Transfer of Ownership


How does the Transfer of Ownership work? What documents do I need for a successful transfer of ownership?

First and foremost, transfer of ownership can only commence when the unit has been fully paid. Once it has bee paid, DMCI Homes will take the following steps to process the transfer of ownership:

Deed of Absoulute Sale (DOAS)
DMCI Homes will issue to the unit owner a Deed of Absolute Sale once the owner has completed their payment term and fully paid for the unit

Clearance to Transfer (CTT)
After paying the necessary taxes, DMCI Homes will then submit all proof of payment to the Burueau of Internal Revenue, and in turn, the BIR will issue a Clearance to Transfer the Title (CTT) from the company to the buyer.

Issuance of New Title
DMCI Homes will then bring the DOAS and the CTT to the Register of Deeds where the property is located. After transfer fees are paid, then the Registry will issue a new Title naming the buyer as the owner of the unit.


How long does the Transfer of Ownership take?

The processing time for the complete Transfer of Ownership and the issuance of a new title is usually ninety days (90) from the full payment of the unit and transfer fees. And the immediate return of the DOAS after the client has signed it.

Phase V: Homeowner Rights and Responsibilities


What is a Condominium Corporation?

Essentially, a condominium or apartment complex is a corporation where every resident is a stockholder. A Condominium Corporation is a corporation formed and organized for the purpose of holding title of all common and limited areas and managing the residential project.

The individual owners of the condominium units are the stockholders of this corporation. The terms of reference, rules and regulations and other provisions governing this corporation are governed under Republic Act No. 4726.

What is the difference between a House-and-lot and a Condominium Unit?

There are 3 basic differences between a house and lot and a condominium unit.

Legal Proof of Ownership
For a house-and-lot, the legal proof of ownership is a Transfer Certificate of Title (TCT). For a condominium unit, the legal proof of ownership is a Condominium Certificate of Title (CCT).

Boundaries of Ownership
For a lot, the owner has exclusive ownership and rights of ownership within the boundaries of the lot property. In a condominium, your ownership and rights of ownership are limited to the area bounded by the floor, walls and ceiling of your condominium unit. The land on which the building or unit stands is owned by the Condominium Corporation which, in turn, is owned by the unit owners of the condominium development.

Common Areas Ownership
The Condominium Corporation owns all of the common areas of the property such as the clubhouse, the swimming pool, the AV room and other facilities. Therefore, the maintenance and enhancement of these common areas will be the responsibility of the Condominium Corporation’s Property Management Office rather than the individual unit owners.


What is the Property Management Office?

The DMCI Homes Property Management Office is the entity through which the Condominium Corporation exercises its prerogratives.

The Property Management Office provides services to the residents such as:
– Security
– Landscape maintenance
– Coordination with Utility service providers for the residents (water, phone, electricity, TV, etc.)
– Janitorial services for cleanliness of common areas
– Assistance with regards to minor unit repairs and maintenance

The Property Management Office is largely funded by the Association Dues paid by the condominium residents.


What expenses are included in the Association Dues and assessments billed by the Condominium Corporation?

Association Dues are collected monthly and they include the unit owner’s share of the following expenses:
– Salaries and wages for the employees of the Condominium Corporation, such as the Property Manager, security guards, property janitors, gardeners, etc.
– Utility expenses for the common areas
– Garbage Collection Fees
– Office Expenses of the Property Management Office

Periodically, Association Dues are also used to pay for the following additional expenses:
– Insurance expenses to cover the amenities and buildings in the project
– Real estate taxes on the common areas and facilities
– Major repairs and special maintenance of the buildings in the project, when necessary
– Permits and license fees paid to the government

When do I start paying Association Dues?

Once the unit has been turned-over, the owner/tenant will be obliged to pay the association dues, whether the unit is occupied or not.
(For example, if a unit has been turned over in January but the tenant does not move-in until February, the tenant is still obliged to pay the Association Dues for January.)

What will happen if I fail to pay my Association Dues on time?

The payment of Association Dues is the responsibility of the unit owner. Failure to make the payment on time will hamper the effectiveness and efficiency of the Property Management Office. This will, in turn, result in the deterioration of the project development in general, lowering the value of the condominium units in the property.

Therefore, for every delayed payment or nonpayment of Association Dues, a penalty fee will be added to the overdue amount for the next billing cycle. This penalty fee varies according to the rules and regulations of each specific condominium complex.

How much are the monthly Association Dues for each project/complex?

Please note that monthly dues are computed based on the total area (in square meters) of the unit you are purchasing. For more updated rates, please contact the Property Management Office of the specific project you wish to inquire after.


What are my responsibilities as a unit owner?

According to Philippines law, upon acceptance of the unit, you automatically become a member a member of the condominium
corporation. As such, the buyer is responsible for the following:
– Association Dues
– A one-time Membership Fee
– Insurance Premium for the unit
– The buyer’s share of the Insurance Premium for common areas and facilities
Real Property Tax
– Other assessments deemed necessary by the Board of the Condominium such as repairs

Do I have to pay Real Property Tax?

As stipulated in the Contract to Sell (9.2), the purchaser shall immediately be responsible in paying the Real Property Tax from the date whichever is earlier of the actual acceptance or deemed acceptance of the buyer.

What are my rights as a unit owner?

As a unit owner you have the right to sell, transfer, lease or otherwise dispose of the condominium unit. You can mortgage, pledge or encumber the unit and have it appraised. You also have stockholder’s rights in the Condominium Corporation and can participate in the operation and decision-making processes of the condominium corporation.

Can I use my unit for commercial activities?

DMCI Homes units are registered as a residential development. Therefore no commercial activities are allowed within the condominium units.

If I have concerns as a unit owner, to whom shall I address them?

The most appropriate place to air your concerns is the local Property Management Office. Depending on the nature of your concerns, the PMO will either address them directly or refer you to the concerned groups such as Marketing, Sales, Construction or Treasury.

Can I have my unit rented out?

Yes, you may decide to have your condominium unit rented out. You may opt to directly find a lessee for your unit. However, you must inform the Property Management Office about the details of your lease agreement. The Property Management Office can also assist you in finding a lessee for your unit through our Asset Management Program. Please see Property Management Office for more details.


What do I need to do if I want to use the facilities of the condominium complex?

The exclusive use of the clubhouse or any of its functions rooms, audio-visual rooms, billiards tables, etc. by the unit owners and their guests are subject to minimal charges to cover the maintenance or replacement costs of the area and equipment, as well as utility expenses. Use of the swimming pool by the unit owners and/or residents is free. Unit owners can endorse up to five (5) guests in the use of the swimming pool and shall be responsible for a minimum fee.

In case the unit owner decides to use the clubhouse for an exclusive party or affair, the Property Management Office shall be more than willing to assist them for the reservation and payment of the rental.


How do I get my own parking slot?

Parking slots are sold separate of your condominium unit. Although there is a limited amount of parking slots in each development, the number of parking slots you may buy is not restricted. Parking slots are available on a “first-come, first-served” basis.

What do I do if I do not get a parking slot?

Only authorized guests and visitors are provided with free use of the parking slots for a maximum of two hours. An hourly rate will be charged to the guests and visitors for use of the parking slot beyond the specified time. Unit owners who did not purchase parking slots may opt to rent parking slots from the Property Management Office or from other unit owners who are not using their parking slots.


Can I keep pets in my units?

As a general rule, pets are not allowed in condominium projects. It is usually not allowed because of noise disturbances, or the hygienic dangers of keeping animals in confined spaces. However, he Property Management Office of each development decides on the rules and regulations with regards to the keeping of pets; therefore, it is important to consult with your Property Manager first before making any decisions.

Leave a Comment

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s